So, you are engaged, congratulations! And now the games begin. Finding a date, where to have the ceremony, where to have the venue, where do I buy a dress, what DJ to use, what is up-lighting, who will do my hair and makeup, what photographer is the best, do I need a contract, what about these wedding and bridal shows??? And the questions go on and on and on..
So, having been in the wedding industry for 6 years now and having participated at bridal shows one thing I can suggest is before you go to a bridal show have a plan.
1. Create a label with your name, email, phone number and wedding dates so that you don’t have to continually keep writing all of this info down at each vendor’s table you visit. It is actually worth it to give the vendors your info as they usually send you deals for attending the show!
2. Bring friends or some of your wedding party to help split up the categories you wish to visit. ( photographer, makeup artist, bakers, etc.)
3. Bring a bag for all of the brochures you will be gathering.
4. Bring a note book so that you can remember the vendors you met with and what you liked/disliked and what the deals bein offered were.
5. Enjoy the planning process of planning your wedding. Don’t try to do everything on your own. Delegate and be a beautiful bride!