A photofacial, is a procedure in which intense pulses of light are used to penetrate deep into the skin. IPL photorejuvenation then causes collagen and blood vessels below the epidermis to constrict, reducing redness and age lines. The procedure involves only minimal discomfort, while the redness and swelling that sometimes occur after treatment disappear shortly. Most benefits of a photofacial occur gradually in the weeks following treatment.
When performed on the right person, it effectively improves skin texture, eliminating discolorations, reducing pore size, and minimizing wrinkles and fine lines. If you have rosacea, a condition that causes blotchy redness in the face, you may also benefit from an IPL photofacial.
IPL Photofacial is one of the best treatments for wrinkles and crepey skin on hands, as well as to improve color, even skin tone and texture for blotchy, sun-damaged, and discolored skin. Photofacial benefits for hands include:
- Reversing sun damage (photoaging)
- Diminishing the appearance of sunspots, freckles, age spots, brown or dark marks
- Removing vascular lesions, including broken capillaries, blood vessels, and spider veins (telangiectasia)
- Promoting collagen and elastin production
- Smoothing out fine lines, wrinkles and crepey skin on hands
- Plumping skin to diminish the appearance of vein looking hands